Sunday, October 22, 2006

Homecoming... glad it's over!

I shot my ass off this week. I'm not entirely sure how I ended up shooting so much, but I did. It was lots of fun, but at the same time, extremely tiring. I shouldn't really complain though as my editor probably worked twice as hard since he was given so much to do as well.

Monday I shot Homecoming Kickoff, Tuesday it was the Talent Search program, Wednesday I actually had off, Thursday was Air Jam, Friday was Bed Races and the Alumni Homecoming dinner, and Saturday was the parade (9:30 am!!) and the football game. So, yeah, I stayed busy. Here are some of my favorite shots from the week. I didn't do as well at some of the events as I had hoped, so not every event made the cut.

Homecoming Kickoff




Talent Search

I felt pretty sorry for my editor this day. He had an awesome shot, but it didn't run because the designers felt it would print too dark. It's not that he underexposed the shot, it's just what made it up was determined to be too dark to run in the paper. So they ran some of my rather mediocre shots instead. There were two that I like however. The first one is of the two performers that won the competition. The second is one that only I liked. My editor didn't like it and neither did anyone else. But this isn't the paper, this is my blog, so I'm running it here. Chances are you won't like it either. :)




Bed Races

This was actually a lot of fun. I also came away with three photos that I'm fairly happy with (a rarity to be sure), so I guess this event was the highlight of Homecoming.

Well kids, that's it for Homecoming week. Nothing else worth noting from the other events. Maybe next year...



No comments: